Thursday 13 February 2014

EVS in EDRA !!

Petra is the new EVS volunteer in K.S.D.E.O. EDRA and she gives us her first impressions!

"I arrived in Athens one month ago and I feel in home here! I like the cheese, olive oil and the Greek bread with seeds, I like the tradition of drinking coffee for long hours, I like the small streets and the monuments, and I like the music and the Greek accent. I just don't like the crazy way that people drive here and the bad habit of smoking everywhere. About my project, I work daily with people with mental disabilities what is for me a very rewarding challenge. ΕΔΡΑ, the organization where I do EVS, is one of the Greek organizations that does an excellence work with these people. My project is exceeding my expectations because in addition to promoting the cognitive and motor development of these people, I can do food education. Educational materials, cook workshops and educational games for kids are some of the activities of my personal project in ΕΔΡΑ. I am loving this experience!"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...