Tuesday 19 May 2015

Stefania is reporting her first experiences from Lithuania, as EVS volunteer !



Stefania is reporting her first experiences from Lithuania, as EVS volunteer !



 MY JOB:
"I am working in the Public Library - Klaipeda in different departments. I have different kind of work to do every week. I am working at the book lending department, giving and getting back books, scanning, putting codes and make registrations. Also, I work in the children’s department, where I have contact with children from 5-9 years old, and I prepare for them different topics to discuss in English, we draw together and we read books…Also, I work for the covers or any other kind of booklets the library may need... or I help librarians to fix the old books in the book storage department...once a week, I use to go  to hang posters concerning events of the library, at coffee houses that youth use to go and at universities in the cities....and sometimes, I provide my help to the music department where the staff also help me practice my language skills.."

However, the first month was not easy for Stefania. 
She reports : “ I had to find on my own a new apartment and then to get the “ok” by the hosting and coordinating organization to move … I had to buy by myself all the equipment for the house needed, except from bed and chairs, that the hosting organization brought for me... the first month was stressful. At least, now, after almost 2 months I live in good condition. I have my own room and a bed. Kitchen and bathroom is ok. I can cook and live in healthy conditions”..

Stefania took part in the on arrival training: “It took place at a nice training centre, situated in a small village, in the nature … It was very interesting to meet the trainers (from other organization), they were nice people, we had a lot of workshops and games that opened our minds and help us set our goals… We also had a long day hiking in the nature, transformed in a non formal education activity.
Some of the people , the most “risky” dive into the cold lake..and we cooked 23 people together some Lithuanian “snacks” …
 

Nice team, nice topics, nice experience.













So far, Stefania has travelled around, for visiting one of our volunteers, being in Poland at that time:  
 “Before our departure, I had been in contact with Leonidas who was going to do his EVS in Poland..and I decided to visit him there. I stayed over 2 nights and we had really good time. I met some of his house mates..we hang around the city, in the parks, in museums, and I had the chance to taste some polish dishes.


 "I am preparing my new trips.."
                          ... and it is just the beginning for Stefania!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...